VMH_GC
12-12 10:24 AM
I recently went to India and came back to US. At port of entry, the officer incorrectly put the date beyond my Visa expiry date in my copy of I-94 but in his copy he put the correct date. This confusion was largely due to the fact myself and mywife both are in h1b with two differenet expiry dates. Now my question is, will it be a problem? do i have to report this? Please let me know.
Thanks
VMH
Thanks
VMH
wallpaper wisconsin power lineman
a_yaja
01-13 11:51 AM
Sure, I will try to do that. But the lawyer has a mind of his own, a very adamant one who would not listen to anyones suggestions. Also, I am racing against time. I have very little time to get new EVLs and have my lawyer submit them. Thanks for the suggestion.
Did your exp. letter have the number of hours (40hrs/ week) mentioned? I had an RFE for my I-140 as well (one of the points in the RFE was for exp.) . The exp. letters I submitted did not mention 40 hrs/ week. I got the letters reissued with 40 hrs/ week and that cleared the RFE. The RFE clearly mentioned that the exp. letter did not specify the number of hours worked per week.
Make sure that the exp. letters match the requirements and your experience in the the approved Labor Certification - if all the requirements do not match, that could be a reason for the RFE as well.
Did your exp. letter have the number of hours (40hrs/ week) mentioned? I had an RFE for my I-140 as well (one of the points in the RFE was for exp.) . The exp. letters I submitted did not mention 40 hrs/ week. I got the letters reissued with 40 hrs/ week and that cleared the RFE. The RFE clearly mentioned that the exp. letter did not specify the number of hours worked per week.
Make sure that the exp. letters match the requirements and your experience in the the approved Labor Certification - if all the requirements do not match, that could be a reason for the RFE as well.
mheggade
05-08 03:54 PM
Call you Zoolander! :D
Fashion models and nurses have one thing in common. Both professions are dominated by females. I think the Congress critters (mostly elderly males) are simply looking for new exotic foreign opportunities. Dates with Java programmers? Not so interesting, sorry! :p
PS: my java coding is being a pain in the butt today.
How do u know all congress critters are looking out for females? Have you not heard the story of the infamous Senator from Idaho :D
Fashion models and nurses have one thing in common. Both professions are dominated by females. I think the Congress critters (mostly elderly males) are simply looking for new exotic foreign opportunities. Dates with Java programmers? Not so interesting, sorry! :p
PS: my java coding is being a pain in the butt today.
How do u know all congress critters are looking out for females? Have you not heard the story of the infamous Senator from Idaho :D
2011 Texas journeyman lineman

Jimi_Hendrix
12-16 05:46 PM
To make any educated guess there has to be a basis. You need to have some data or some other relevant information. Unfortunately there is no data available that can help one make an educated guess about the future movement of EB3 India.
In the absence of any data being available you cannot make a guess about the movement of visa numbers. However we do have visa bulletins each month and if you notice the movement in Priority dates in the last 6-9 month period, that movement has been very minimal. Also the advisory given by the Department of State has been very negative about the future movement of priority dates. Therefore it is quite safe to conclude that unless legislative action is taken, you can reasonably expect priority dates to move very slowly or even stop moving.
In the absence of any data being available you cannot make a guess about the movement of visa numbers. However we do have visa bulletins each month and if you notice the movement in Priority dates in the last 6-9 month period, that movement has been very minimal. Also the advisory given by the Department of State has been very negative about the future movement of priority dates. Therefore it is quite safe to conclude that unless legislative action is taken, you can reasonably expect priority dates to move very slowly or even stop moving.
more...
Templarian
08-26 12:00 PM
Yea, I was making a calvin( and hobbes, hobbes is to hard to make) during my lunch then my works video card shot (luckily i have 4 monitors so 2 still work or I would be screwed). Would be nice if when a video card blew it didn't shut down the entire thing :(
I'll make it when I get off of work.
I'll make it when I get off of work.
GCMD0203
09-17 01:18 PM
Gurus please help
Hi,
I'm in the same boat as you (I140/I485/I131/I765 - filed concurrently). I'm trying to self file for my H1 extension. I was not sure about one question on form I-129 part 4.7 the question is
Have you ever filed an immigrant petition for any person in this petition?
Last year when I filed for H1 extension I had checked 'NO'
But now that I-140 is pending, I'm not sure if I should check 'YES' or 'NO'
I will appreciate if you can help me with this.
Thanks,
Hi,
I'm in the same boat as you (I140/I485/I131/I765 - filed concurrently). I'm trying to self file for my H1 extension. I was not sure about one question on form I-129 part 4.7 the question is
Have you ever filed an immigrant petition for any person in this petition?
Last year when I filed for H1 extension I had checked 'NO'
But now that I-140 is pending, I'm not sure if I should check 'YES' or 'NO'
I will appreciate if you can help me with this.
Thanks,
more...
bsbawa10
05-10 09:08 AM
since there are so many threads discussing what we can and should do ..I thought that I would open this thread ..my red dots should send a signal that this is a serious issue. if USCIS were to act like this next year too ..then EB3 will become unavailable in march 2010 and EB2 will retrogress in june 2010 ..in other words HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF ..so lets do something now (in addtion to helping IV) !!!
I think the only language that US understands is lawsuit otherwise everything is unfair. You can see that is why there is a lawsuit culture here. Every agency govt and non govt tries to cheat you be it car rental agency, be it movers be it USCIS. By default everything is taken moral in US unless proven by lawsuit or dictated by law.
Even if we loose lawsuit, it will make impact in the sense that the issue will get a lot of publicity. I am willing to donate to IV but not for nothing, not for flowers, not protests not for this forum either, I am willing to donate if there is some rigid action to be taken like a lawsuit.
I think the only language that US understands is lawsuit otherwise everything is unfair. You can see that is why there is a lawsuit culture here. Every agency govt and non govt tries to cheat you be it car rental agency, be it movers be it USCIS. By default everything is taken moral in US unless proven by lawsuit or dictated by law.
Even if we loose lawsuit, it will make impact in the sense that the issue will get a lot of publicity. I am willing to donate to IV but not for nothing, not for flowers, not protests not for this forum either, I am willing to donate if there is some rigid action to be taken like a lawsuit.
2010 Texas journeyman lineman
nabs501
07-27 04:31 PM
Did you put in your A# OR THE Petition Number 3 in that form. Please respond.
I did put in my A# which I then thought was same as the A# listed on the EAD for OPT. Obviously, I was wrong.
My point is, it's OK if you don't put in your A#.
But it would help if you put the receipt #.
They just use all of this information to retireve your record. If there's some information missing such as the receipt number, it would just take them longer to retrieve your records.
Try to get atleast the I140 receipt number from your employer. Dont worry about the A# (just put in NONE). I think they can very well dig out your application based on the receipt number.
Even if you dont get the receipt number, go ahead file the form and provide as much details as you possibly can regarding the I140 petition; attach a separate sheet if needed.
Dont forget to get the form notarized.
I did put in my A# which I then thought was same as the A# listed on the EAD for OPT. Obviously, I was wrong.
My point is, it's OK if you don't put in your A#.
But it would help if you put the receipt #.
They just use all of this information to retireve your record. If there's some information missing such as the receipt number, it would just take them longer to retrieve your records.
Try to get atleast the I140 receipt number from your employer. Dont worry about the A# (just put in NONE). I think they can very well dig out your application based on the receipt number.
Even if you dont get the receipt number, go ahead file the form and provide as much details as you possibly can regarding the I140 petition; attach a separate sheet if needed.
Dont forget to get the form notarized.
more...
Anysia
02-26 11:22 PM
To Texcan...the idea of looking for another state taht will accept BSPT is a good idea. Ill explore that solution. I appreciate that.
I have already talked to a lawyer and a lot of possibilities are presented.
1. File an appeal
2. Go back to old employer...hope they'll take me back
3. HAve me work under previous employer as contract to stay with my denied petitioner.
I dont just hang around here..it pays to be informed. A thousand head is better than one. Lawyers dont know evrything...nobody knows everything. As a client, I have to know as much as I can so I can ask the right question. I plan to hire this expensive lawyer that is notably very good...hope he can find other ways. Ive been researching and reading from other sites not just this forum believe me!
I am currently licensed in Illinois. I appreciate those who take time to reply and present ideas/solutions---which means more avenues to explore leading to more ways to solve a problem. Thank you very much!
I have already talked to a lawyer and a lot of possibilities are presented.
1. File an appeal
2. Go back to old employer...hope they'll take me back
3. HAve me work under previous employer as contract to stay with my denied petitioner.
I dont just hang around here..it pays to be informed. A thousand head is better than one. Lawyers dont know evrything...nobody knows everything. As a client, I have to know as much as I can so I can ask the right question. I plan to hire this expensive lawyer that is notably very good...hope he can find other ways. Ive been researching and reading from other sites not just this forum believe me!
I am currently licensed in Illinois. I appreciate those who take time to reply and present ideas/solutions---which means more avenues to explore leading to more ways to solve a problem. Thank you very much!
hair Texas journeyman lineman
sam_hoosier
06-22 04:45 PM
If you have AAA membership, try them, they do it for free for 1 set typically.
You may have to go in the hours stipulated by them.
AAA is not free :cool: I tried it a couple of weeks ago. Infact they are on the expensive side (compared to Kinkos, Sears, Walmart etc.)
You may have to go in the hours stipulated by them.
AAA is not free :cool: I tried it a couple of weeks ago. Infact they are on the expensive side (compared to Kinkos, Sears, Walmart etc.)
more...
liorsal
01-13 05:36 PM
does anyone know if uscis need a law to pass in the congress to change the law on the i-485, or thy can decide to change it?
hot oldenburg lineman pigeon
sledge_hammer
07-09 11:44 AM
I agree 200% with you...
In our society we always waive the rules for emergency, so I see nothing wrong in posting this, If at least one or two people come forward to help after seeing this,that itself a victory for this post.
I am not being rude here, consider this post in a humane nature
In our society we always waive the rules for emergency, so I see nothing wrong in posting this, If at least one or two people come forward to help after seeing this,that itself a victory for this post.
I am not being rude here, consider this post in a humane nature
more...
house program journeyman lineman
gc28262
04-20 09:20 PM
Hey gc28262,
I am in the same boat as you. I applied for both EAD & AP last year to Texas Service Center. I have gotten my EAD but not AP. The following is my online status for AP:
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On August 13, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
I called many times and was able to open up a service request. They sent me a letter saying the same thing that I can see online. Everyone told me to re-apply or send I-824 (Application for action on approved petition with the fees $340, costs more than the AP application itself).
Could you please post the address where you have mailed. I would like to try the same to see if my luck changes any.
Thanks
Srini
Here is the complete instruction with address:
Fill out I-131 Application ( Or use the copy of the original application )
attach two photos
Mention the receipt no on the top of the form
Also mention REPLACEMENT : no Fees included
Add a covering letter explaining the situation
Post it to the following address
USCIS Texas Service Center
Attn: SIIO Rhonda Hill Johnson
4141 St Augustine Rd
Dallas, TX, 75227
On lower left corner of the envelope mention the following:
do Not open in the mail room, No fees are attached
I am in the same boat as you. I applied for both EAD & AP last year to Texas Service Center. I have gotten my EAD but not AP. The following is my online status for AP:
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On August 13, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
I called many times and was able to open up a service request. They sent me a letter saying the same thing that I can see online. Everyone told me to re-apply or send I-824 (Application for action on approved petition with the fees $340, costs more than the AP application itself).
Could you please post the address where you have mailed. I would like to try the same to see if my luck changes any.
Thanks
Srini
Here is the complete instruction with address:
Fill out I-131 Application ( Or use the copy of the original application )
attach two photos
Mention the receipt no on the top of the form
Also mention REPLACEMENT : no Fees included
Add a covering letter explaining the situation
Post it to the following address
USCIS Texas Service Center
Attn: SIIO Rhonda Hill Johnson
4141 St Augustine Rd
Dallas, TX, 75227
On lower left corner of the envelope mention the following:
do Not open in the mail room, No fees are attached
tattoo lineman apprenticeship program
ocpmachine
10-13 12:53 PM
My 485/131/765 package was received by USCIS TX center on Aug14'07 and my checks got cashed out on 10/9/2007.
I got the receipt# from the back of the cheques, however i am unable to pull up the case status online, i read through the USCIS FAQ and it advises us to wait for 3-4 weeks for the case to show up online.
I got the receipt# from the back of the cheques, however i am unable to pull up the case status online, i read through the USCIS FAQ and it advises us to wait for 3-4 weeks for the case to show up online.
more...
pictures lineman apprenticeship
pachai_attai
08-17 07:58 AM
sajimm, I was in similar situation like yours. During Dec 2004, Our doctor directly took xray test instead of TB skin test. Thats the reason I got NOID on 07/20/07.
I submitted my new 693 along with new TB skin test result and the case processing resumes on 08/15. The LUD is changing every day after that.
I submitted my new 693 along with new TB skin test result and the case processing resumes on 08/15. The LUD is changing every day after that.
dresses apprentice lineman jobs in
little_willy
07-29 11:23 PM
I think they should change the title on their page to How may I harass you? :)
LOL ;-) Had a chuckle after a frustrating day. Thanks.
LOL ;-) Had a chuckle after a frustrating day. Thanks.
more...
makeup A Journeyman Lineman
ujjvalkoul
07-17 06:45 PM
contribute please.....
Those that are tearing up..u can call IV on the numbers mentioned..I just dd and congratulated the, on a job well done and pledged my contiuing support until all our oissues are resolved
Those that are tearing up..u can call IV on the numbers mentioned..I just dd and congratulated the, on a job well done and pledged my contiuing support until all our oissues are resolved
girlfriend study guide for apprentice
anilsal
01-07 08:42 AM
When someone lashes out, suddenly these guys think their original decision was misunderstood. Who are u trying to fool?
Glad the lawyers made an issue out of this.
Glad the lawyers made an issue out of this.
hairstyles electrical lineman schools
gapala
09-05 10:01 PM
I guess, your picture was taken at local ASC. Call customer care asap and inform them about this mistake. If needed setup infopass and visit local office. Hope you will soon get it corrected from CIS
harsh
12-22 09:55 AM
Any other bama residents? I am sure there are more people stuck in retro in alabama. Signup other alabama residents...
vactorboy29
02-24 02:25 PM
Consider this, I am an H1B and my perm has not been filed yet. I have been contributing to the IV posts(not monetary so far)...and haven't asked any question/query myself yet..... what do you want me to do pay money to reply to a post where a guy needs help on how to complain to DOL or if there is a link on CNN and I want to share with fellow IVians??
Yes this is discussion forum but we have Job to get it done through our members. if members doesn't help us financially then we are loosing our edge. Nothing is free here (America), all actions are cost associated with it just calling senator or writing letter is just part of action.we need to convince our fellow member to contribute financially like donating money for good cause.Thanks
Yes this is discussion forum but we have Job to get it done through our members. if members doesn't help us financially then we are loosing our edge. Nothing is free here (America), all actions are cost associated with it just calling senator or writing letter is just part of action.we need to convince our fellow member to contribute financially like donating money for good cause.Thanks

No comments:
Post a Comment