Ann Ruben
04-17 12:32 PM
Yes, absolutely.
wallpaper -22 Chansons Du Cs Constantine
karanp25
07-30 01:47 PM
If u r a dependent, then ur EAD case is much simpler than the primary's case, logocally speaking...
Don't try to make too much logic out of USCIS. It's all random and they work as they please.
I got a similar situation but the thing is that both myself and my spouse got our EAD's but my application on the website shows pending while it is approved for my spouse. Don't know why my application is still showing pending. Could it be because I am the dependent on the application and not primary ?
Don't try to make too much logic out of USCIS. It's all random and they work as they please.
I got a similar situation but the thing is that both myself and my spouse got our EAD's but my application on the website shows pending while it is approved for my spouse. Don't know why my application is still showing pending. Could it be because I am the dependent on the application and not primary ?
gc_maine2
07-12 01:45 PM
Misha,
There is already a thread for this topic, please don't open new threads it hard to follow all these new threads. If you don't find it PM i will send it to you.
Thanks
Question for July I-485 filers.
Did anybody receive I-485 July Rejection Notice by mail?
There is already a thread for this topic, please don't open new threads it hard to follow all these new threads. If you don't find it PM i will send it to you.
Thanks
Question for July I-485 filers.
Did anybody receive I-485 July Rejection Notice by mail?
2011 wallpaper 3 CS Constantine 27
jchan
08-01 11:52 AM
I am pleasantly surprised and would like to thank Sen Mendez on behalf of all the IV members in his constituency for sponsoring visa recapture bill in Senate. Few days back when we called his office, his position was different. But because of we all calling and requesting for his support, he graciouly has agreed to take up our case. Speaking with his staff, I came to know that more than thousand calls were made to his office in support of the visa recapture bill.
Are you sure he just changed his side? I think he was on the sponsor's list at least a couple weeks ago.
Either way, it's great news.
And we have at least 4,5 co-sponsors from CHC. Hopefully they won't create a problem this time around.
Are you sure he just changed his side? I think he was on the sponsor's list at least a couple weeks ago.
Either way, it's great news.
And we have at least 4,5 co-sponsors from CHC. Hopefully they won't create a problem this time around.
more...
pappu
04-24 11:14 AM
OK why dont we have that link that shows about bills anymore?? I mean on the home page...was that intentionally removed?
We removed the link and the thread. Announcing the bills in advance did not have its desired effect and motivation in members to help themselves by supporting it.
We saw members discussing the issue to its death and shooting themselves in the foot by criticizing it rather than trying to work together to get more support for it.
IV has successfully done lobby day this week. Many members from Trstate and Texas were in DC and lobbied for admin fixes as well. Some state chapter members even contributed to pay for the expenses of members that traveled to DC.
Our Lobbyists are also working on pushing the bills forward. We are privy to the details on all bills and will announce on the forum at a later date. It is time for members to help themselves by supporting the initiatives by IV and strengthen the organization.
We removed the link and the thread. Announcing the bills in advance did not have its desired effect and motivation in members to help themselves by supporting it.
We saw members discussing the issue to its death and shooting themselves in the foot by criticizing it rather than trying to work together to get more support for it.
IV has successfully done lobby day this week. Many members from Trstate and Texas were in DC and lobbied for admin fixes as well. Some state chapter members even contributed to pay for the expenses of members that traveled to DC.
Our Lobbyists are also working on pushing the bills forward. We are privy to the details on all bills and will announce on the forum at a later date. It is time for members to help themselves by supporting the initiatives by IV and strengthen the organization.
bestia
07-17 03:12 AM
Wow, I feel you. I've been in such situation. How big your company is? Whose lawyer is taking care of your case - yours or employer's? Try to contact the lawyer directly. Do you know if any violation regarding working conditions your employer has? If they are on shaky ground, you can be more aggressive with them. You can have several ways of pushing them.
Maybe it's late for you now. But after my first employer's games, when I joined my second employer I demanded at the very beginning that I will have my lawyer and everything will go through him. Only when I got my H1b through my lawyer I joined them.
When I placed my "two weeks notice" my ex-boss was walking after me, begging not to leave. When I left, they threatened me with lawsuits. Never filed any after I mentioned him about hiring illegaly few guys and pointing on some other violations they had.
Maybe it's late for you now. But after my first employer's games, when I joined my second employer I demanded at the very beginning that I will have my lawyer and everything will go through him. Only when I got my H1b through my lawyer I joined them.
When I placed my "two weeks notice" my ex-boss was walking after me, begging not to leave. When I left, they threatened me with lawsuits. Never filed any after I mentioned him about hiring illegaly few guys and pointing on some other violations they had.
more...
validIV
04-16 11:46 AM
See my answers in red
I did not wan to create a separate thread since I have similar questions:
My situation:
US pharmD graduating in may 09
H1B approved ( start oct 09)
OPT not approved yet
Married to F-1
child born in US
Country- Gabon (both)
city- nashville TN
Company-CVS
Facts:
My company told me I qualify for GC sponsoring after 90 days of full time as pharmacist and to just buzz them when I am ready. I will be full time rx on my OPT, which shoudl come out before graduation.
I pass my boards in June, I should be go to go for GC filing as soon as October.
Questions:
1. is changing address within the same city affect GC procress? Its not a big deal, people do it all the time. Its a two step process, much easier if you have a lawyer file your applications since they will usually get copies of all correspondences with USCIS and they will take care of this for you. If you are self filing, you will need to take care of both steps yourself. See this: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa
2. What r the pros and cons of filing GC that early into employment?The earlier the better. The CVS guy told me usually people prefer to wait longer before filing for GC. why? Corporations and businesses do not make it a habit to file GC/PERM apps for their employees if they are only temp or on probationary periods. Normally when they hire someone, they are on probation with the company for a year or so. If they like your work they will keep you and file your application for permanent residency. So normally businesses dont file your GC app until after 6 or 12 months. With CVS, consult your supervisor what the standard filing procedure is. Do not overstep the company policies and file yourself. You need them to file it for you when they are ready and willing.
3. When GC filing start can I include my husband from the start with his F1 status or do we have to switch him to H4 status first?. Does not matter what status your husbands is in as long as it is valid. You can research the pros and cons of H4 vs F1 yourself, that alone is another thread's worth of discussion. You specifiy your husband as a dependant of your GC application usually at the last step before your I485 approval, when your PD becomes current.
4. any suggestion, that you think I can benefit from on how to approach is welcomed. I 've been F1 for 5-6 years now..just looking forward to ending my life as an international student, but I don't want to rush into things out of ignorance. I was in the same boat as you, coming from F-1 to H-1. You are doing the right thing by expanding your knowledge base and asking people. Work hard at what you do and follow up once your application is filed. With the economy the hardest part is finding a job that will sponsor H-1 but youve already gone beyond that point.
I did not wan to create a separate thread since I have similar questions:
My situation:
US pharmD graduating in may 09
H1B approved ( start oct 09)
OPT not approved yet
Married to F-1
child born in US
Country- Gabon (both)
city- nashville TN
Company-CVS
Facts:
My company told me I qualify for GC sponsoring after 90 days of full time as pharmacist and to just buzz them when I am ready. I will be full time rx on my OPT, which shoudl come out before graduation.
I pass my boards in June, I should be go to go for GC filing as soon as October.
Questions:
1. is changing address within the same city affect GC procress? Its not a big deal, people do it all the time. Its a two step process, much easier if you have a lawyer file your applications since they will usually get copies of all correspondences with USCIS and they will take care of this for you. If you are self filing, you will need to take care of both steps yourself. See this: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa
2. What r the pros and cons of filing GC that early into employment?The earlier the better. The CVS guy told me usually people prefer to wait longer before filing for GC. why? Corporations and businesses do not make it a habit to file GC/PERM apps for their employees if they are only temp or on probationary periods. Normally when they hire someone, they are on probation with the company for a year or so. If they like your work they will keep you and file your application for permanent residency. So normally businesses dont file your GC app until after 6 or 12 months. With CVS, consult your supervisor what the standard filing procedure is. Do not overstep the company policies and file yourself. You need them to file it for you when they are ready and willing.
3. When GC filing start can I include my husband from the start with his F1 status or do we have to switch him to H4 status first?. Does not matter what status your husbands is in as long as it is valid. You can research the pros and cons of H4 vs F1 yourself, that alone is another thread's worth of discussion. You specifiy your husband as a dependant of your GC application usually at the last step before your I485 approval, when your PD becomes current.
4. any suggestion, that you think I can benefit from on how to approach is welcomed. I 've been F1 for 5-6 years now..just looking forward to ending my life as an international student, but I don't want to rush into things out of ignorance. I was in the same boat as you, coming from F-1 to H-1. You are doing the right thing by expanding your knowledge base and asking people. Work hard at what you do and follow up once your application is filed. With the economy the hardest part is finding a job that will sponsor H-1 but youve already gone beyond that point.
2010 ultra de csconstantine
thescadaman
10-09 10:34 AM
This rule change can create problems when we are about to renew our H1Bs or EADs.
H1B: You can renew 6 months before expiry and it takes about 3 months for processing
EAD: You can renew 120 days before expiry and it takes about 3 months for processing.
Hmm.. this can get very messy if we have processing delays.. any inputs?
H1B: You can renew 6 months before expiry and it takes about 3 months for processing
EAD: You can renew 120 days before expiry and it takes about 3 months for processing.
Hmm.. this can get very messy if we have processing delays.. any inputs?
more...
seahawks
09-09 12:59 PM
^^^ bump ^^^
hair CS Constantine 1 - 0 USM Bel
srisra
07-13 09:21 PM
i am also in the same situ.
my lawyer asked me & my wife to sign a document before he proceeds. I was supposed to sign it today. but i am scarred.
the other thing is if uscis rejects it, i have to pay my lawyer add'l $250 for re-filing.
i just spent $650 for medicals taking time off..
not worth...
i am getting frustrated... and can t control....
my lawyer asked me & my wife to sign a document before he proceeds. I was supposed to sign it today. but i am scarred.
the other thing is if uscis rejects it, i have to pay my lawyer add'l $250 for re-filing.
i just spent $650 for medicals taking time off..
not worth...
i am getting frustrated... and can t control....
more...
drirshad
06-09 02:46 AM
Some countries require transit visa like UK for even changing flight but going through Germany do not require such a visa for EAD holders, you should contact the local consulate for B-1 holders.
Hope you have filed a Police report and got the pp based on it. Very sorry for your loss, wish you recover the stolen items before leaving for India.
Hope you have filed a Police report and got the pp based on it. Very sorry for your loss, wish you recover the stolen items before leaving for India.
hot I love CS constantine
needhelp!
01-18 04:46 PM
makes sense to me..
more...
house csconstantine. il aome le
kc_p21
05-11 09:52 PM
Thanks for taking time and calling NPR.
tattoo CS Constantine saison 2007/
BharatPremi
12-05 10:55 AM
Eyes already on citizenship!. appreciate your optimism.:D
I am already a citizen ..:) Just want to know more about PR in US.
I am already a citizen ..:) Just want to know more about PR in US.
more...
pictures Blog de CSConstantine-1898
nave_kum
07-19 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=srsrsr]Hello everyone!
I am planning to apply I-140 and I-485 simultaneously. My problem is, Can I change my job after 180 days of applying my I-485 and without using my EAD? I am not married yet and I have a valid H1B. Please help!
Thanks,
Raj[/QUOTE
If u dont use ur EAD for the first 6 months, then u can join the new employer any time using ur H1B. But immediately after the date of EAD activation, u will need to stick with the corresponding employer for the next 6 mnths.
I am planning to apply I-140 and I-485 simultaneously. My problem is, Can I change my job after 180 days of applying my I-485 and without using my EAD? I am not married yet and I have a valid H1B. Please help!
Thanks,
Raj[/QUOTE
If u dont use ur EAD for the first 6 months, then u can join the new employer any time using ur H1B. But immediately after the date of EAD activation, u will need to stick with the corresponding employer for the next 6 mnths.
dresses Csconstantine.net demographics
Hong12
12-16 01:51 AM
Thanks so much for a quick response. My cover letter, I-129, I-797 and LCA are correct. However, the petition letter from my employer to USCIS has all the wrong background. In this case, does it mean that my lawyer can just send me the new petition letter with the correct information? I can then bring the new petition letter to the consular? I also found the following info:
USCIS send information on all approved petitions requiring visa issuance to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). KCC then scans and enters all pertinent information including Form I-129, employer support letter (Petition Letter), and beneficiary's identification documents into PIMS. The U.S. consular will then confirm a petition in PIMS before the issuance of the visa.
Also, I just talked to my lawyer again, and he told me that I�m overreacting about the whole issue! He kept saying that this is not a big deal at all for having the wrong background on the petition letter submitted to USCIS. He said that the new petition letter, I-129 and documents do not need to be resubmitted to USCIS. My lawyer also said that he can simply solve the problem by sending me the new petition letter. Accordingly, I can then bring this new letter to the consular for the visa interview instead of going through the resubmission. He also said that there is nothing to be worry about PIMS or anything.
In this case, would it be ok? I thought that the consular can pull the copy of the petition letter from PIMS. Would it be alright if the petition letter they have on PIMS is different from the new petition letter that I will bring to the Consular? Please advise. Thank you very much.
USCIS send information on all approved petitions requiring visa issuance to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). KCC then scans and enters all pertinent information including Form I-129, employer support letter (Petition Letter), and beneficiary's identification documents into PIMS. The U.S. consular will then confirm a petition in PIMS before the issuance of the visa.
Also, I just talked to my lawyer again, and he told me that I�m overreacting about the whole issue! He kept saying that this is not a big deal at all for having the wrong background on the petition letter submitted to USCIS. He said that the new petition letter, I-129 and documents do not need to be resubmitted to USCIS. My lawyer also said that he can simply solve the problem by sending me the new petition letter. Accordingly, I can then bring this new letter to the consular for the visa interview instead of going through the resubmission. He also said that there is nothing to be worry about PIMS or anything.
In this case, would it be ok? I thought that the consular can pull the copy of the petition letter from PIMS. Would it be alright if the petition letter they have on PIMS is different from the new petition letter that I will bring to the Consular? Please advise. Thank you very much.
more...
makeup csconstantine. le
njdude26
09-27 08:21 AM
Hi!
Much like many in this forum, my husband and I are stuck in this retrogression mess. I have spent 3 years on H4 and 3 more in H1. I am told now that I will not be able to work until my husband's greencard process has moved beyond the 485 stage. Our lawyer is suggesting that I can extend my H1 by 3 years by making a good faith argument to the USCIS that I have not utilized the full 6 years in H1 time and a secondary arguement that my husband has an approved 140 petition that can allow extension of H time. I will really appreciate any opinions from the forum members and from people who may tried this before. Please respond!
My lawyer had also said the same thing. You can get an extension of H based on your husbands approved I140.
Much like many in this forum, my husband and I are stuck in this retrogression mess. I have spent 3 years on H4 and 3 more in H1. I am told now that I will not be able to work until my husband's greencard process has moved beyond the 485 stage. Our lawyer is suggesting that I can extend my H1 by 3 years by making a good faith argument to the USCIS that I have not utilized the full 6 years in H1 time and a secondary arguement that my husband has an approved 140 petition that can allow extension of H time. I will really appreciate any opinions from the forum members and from people who may tried this before. Please respond!
My lawyer had also said the same thing. You can get an extension of H based on your husbands approved I140.
girlfriend csconstantine.
iam_amit
02-20 05:47 PM
Members,
I need some help to act in right direction.
In Oct -2008 my wife got H1B. She was on H4 before that. The employer is still searching client for her to start work. She has got no pay, as practically she never started work. She still have valid-H4 VISa till sept-2009.
1) What is her current status H1B or H4?
2) how long can she wait to search job, assuming if she does not get job in next 2-3 months, how long will be H1B status Valid.
3) If she travels to india, will she has to get H1B stamped or she can re-enter on H4.
4) What are the options to get her back on H4. I have to file my extension in sept-2009.
Feedbacks, as highly appreciated.
~cheers
I need some help to act in right direction.
In Oct -2008 my wife got H1B. She was on H4 before that. The employer is still searching client for her to start work. She has got no pay, as practically she never started work. She still have valid-H4 VISa till sept-2009.
1) What is her current status H1B or H4?
2) how long can she wait to search job, assuming if she does not get job in next 2-3 months, how long will be H1B status Valid.
3) If she travels to india, will she has to get H1B stamped or she can re-enter on H4.
4) What are the options to get her back on H4. I have to file my extension in sept-2009.
Feedbacks, as highly appreciated.
~cheers
hairstyles Blog de CSConstantine-1898
vshivaji
08-22 11:21 AM
I filed mine, and my wife's, July 2 ('07) without medical, got status alert "RFE notice sent" Aug 4, guessing medical (have doc appointment tomorrow).
Is your RFE regarding Medical?
Did you sent your Medical Reports?
Any Good news after Medical reports sent?
Is your RFE regarding Medical?
Did you sent your Medical Reports?
Any Good news after Medical reports sent?
sac-r-ten
02-26 10:20 AM
Sorry to hear that.
Plan B can be joining school again on F1 to do Masters.
Just my 2 cents.
Plan B can be joining school again on F1 to do Masters.
Just my 2 cents.
pappu
10-11 12:30 PM
The intent is to keep the issue of immigration alive till the elections so that there is a chance for any Immigration bill after elections. There are several other pressing issues faced by the nation and Immigration is just one of them. It may not be #1 priority now. The lameduck is very important if something needs to be done on Immigration. The results of Nov elections will also influence what kind of Immigration reform is possible. There is also pressure on the President to act on such national issues. Read Obama Is in the Jaws of Political Death: Can He Survive? - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599202471800)

No comments:
Post a Comment