anilsal
01-28 12:25 AM
What about others?
Ready to file your EAD/AP renewal? :cool:
Ready to file your EAD/AP renewal? :cool:
wallpaper American Idol Season 10,
senk1s
09-23 12:22 PM
there is a posting on immigration-law.com stating 2 yr EAD is for i140 approved applicants only - but that is not true in our case
GCcomesoon
03-16 03:54 PM
Hi
It seems like we all have to wait till march 27th to understand the impact .Please make us understand how this makes good news for legal immigrants.There is no mention of any thing here.Frankly in the last 10 days after this bill started getting discussed, we have hardly heard anyone speaking about us.Its only guest worker,illegal immigration,border security.
Its not being pessimistic here ,Please give us some realistic picture.
We all understand & appreciate each other efforts,time,money spend in this cause.Especially hats off to Voice team.
Lets hope we all the see the fruits of "labor" soon
Thanks
GCcomesoon
__________________________________________________ _______________
pilid
Junior Member Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to be pessimist but I tend to agree with learning01 that Nothing is going to happen. This is election year and it will be difficult to get such sweeping and comprehensive legislation passed. Having said all this, I will continue to support IV as I think these efforts will eventually pay off.
learning01, I laud your efforts. However, I am not sure what incentive any employer has to really help with this cause. Sure worth trying though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by learning01
Newt said Nothing is going to happen on this Specter or any other immigration bills in Senate. The conference with House will not agree to anything.
I also sincerely believe that Nothing is going to happen I say, these senators are doing CYAs; they will bitch it to media, their constituents, hey look, we did attempt these immigration reforms.
I am talking from my long experience and wisdom and take it from me. The only force that can improve the pitiable conditions of Indian and Chinese due to retrogression and lack of visa numbers is the big corporate employers . Each one whose LC is approved, whose I-140 is approved, who is waiting to file for adjustment of status AND who are indispensable to the employer / work at this stage should write to the HR/ Immigration/ Attorney.
I am in such a position. I am a technical lead in my IT department. PD Nov 2001. I write about these issues and the difficulties once in a month my team manager, or project manager or Immigration department.
pilid
View Public Profile
Send a private message to pilid
Send email to pilid
Find all posts by pilid
Add pilid to Your Buddy List
#14 Today, 09:18 PM
beppenyc
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 51
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tend to agree too that nothing will happen, too much talking, too much BS, but, I can only hope that the republicans know that they can loose the house control, so, maybe they will prefer to have something more conservative than nothing.
beppenyc
View Public Profile
Send a private message to beppenyc
Find all posts by beppenyc
Add beppenyc to Your Buddy List
#15 Today, 09:43 PM
ragz4u
Super Moderator Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 183
Looks like the committee has brokered a deal :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppenyc
I tend to agree too that nothing will happen, too much talking, too much BS, but, I can only hope that the republicans know that they can loose the house control, so, maybe they will prefer to have something more conservative than nothing.
Check out the following article from the OC register here http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1053340.php
If this is true, this seems to be good news for us. The McCain Kennedy bill is the most pro-immigrant of the bills and if thats what becomes the Comprehensive Immigration Bill, we all might end up happy!
WASHINGTON – The Senate Judiciary Committee today reached agreement on proposals for a new guest-worker program and a plan to allow the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants living in the United States to become permanent residents.
Less than 24 hours after most experts and Capitol Hill watchers believed the committee would be unable to get a bill to the Senate floor by Majority Leader Bill Frist's March 27 deadline, committee Chairman Arlen Specter had brokered deals between some key senators on the complex issue.
No formal votes were taken and committee staffs were preparing to spend the next 10 days drafting language that would put in place the compromises reached. It appeared that at least a dozen of the 18 members on the panel would be prepared to back this deal. The committee plans to meet first thing in the morning on March 27. It is not yet known whether Frist will allow the panel to finish and send its bill to the Senate floor or if he still plans to bring up a more limited, possibly enforcement-only measure.
But even if nothing scuttles the compromise between now and when lawmakers get back from recess, and if the Senate passes a bill with these elements, there would remain a steep battle to get agreement from the House. The House passed an enforcement-based measure in December that doesn't include a guest-worker program or a plan for undocumented immigrants in the United States now.
Early this afternoon, Frist announced his intention to introduce a bill before next week’s recess that would deal with enforcement of immigration laws but will not include any of the controversial guest-worker or illegal immigrant provisions. Officials in Frist’s office say he is doing this to ensure that there is a bill ready on the floor if the committee fails to pass one. If Specter does get a bill out of committee, said Frist press secretary Amy Call, that could be substituted for the majority leader’s measure.
The most likely scenario, said ardent supporters of immigration reform who were pleasantly stunned by today's events, is that this will end in a stalemate, only to be brought up again in the next Congress. But they say it's important that the Senate go on record as supporting comprehensive change.
For the first time, Specter, R-Pa., who said he spent hours on the phone last night with Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., agreed to Kennedy's plan to deal with the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants. Specter would have allowed these people to work indefinitely but not get green cards. Kennedy wanted to give them a path to legalization.
Specter agreed this morning with Kennedy's approach, provided that these illegal immigrants would not be able to start legalization proceedings until the backlog of 3 million people now waiting in countries around the world for their chance to come to the United States legally get their green cards.
The deal reached on a new guest-worker plan says that 400,000 new guest workers would be allowed into the country each year. Under the proposal authored by Kennedy and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., that number would have been unlimited. But Kennedy, a senior member of the Judiciary Committee, agreed to a cap and also agreed that after working for two years, these new guest workers would have to go back to their home countries and reapply for another stint as guest workers, one that could last up to six years. But first they'd have to stay in their home countries for one year.
Built into this compromise, however, is a chance for these workers to get a waiver and not go home based on how long they have been employed here or if they are considered essential to a U.S. employer's business.
The plan also allows guest workers to apply for permanent U.S. residency, something not included in either Specter's bill or the other major proposal under consideration, the bill by Sens. John Cornyn, R-Texas and Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.
Kennedy essentially compromised with Cornyn, who chairs the immigration subcommittee. The deal takes parts of each of their proposals.
Not all members of the committee agreed with these compromises.
Kyl said he still believed the illegal immigrants would get preference over those waiting legally in line overseas because the undocumented would be able to stay in the U.S. and work until their turn at a green card came. Those waiting to come here legally don't have that option, he said.
And several committee members most opposed to a guest-worker program – most notably Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., were not at this morning's session.
__________________________________________________ _______________
It seems like we all have to wait till march 27th to understand the impact .Please make us understand how this makes good news for legal immigrants.There is no mention of any thing here.Frankly in the last 10 days after this bill started getting discussed, we have hardly heard anyone speaking about us.Its only guest worker,illegal immigration,border security.
Its not being pessimistic here ,Please give us some realistic picture.
We all understand & appreciate each other efforts,time,money spend in this cause.Especially hats off to Voice team.
Lets hope we all the see the fruits of "labor" soon
Thanks
GCcomesoon
__________________________________________________ _______________
pilid
Junior Member Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to be pessimist but I tend to agree with learning01 that Nothing is going to happen. This is election year and it will be difficult to get such sweeping and comprehensive legislation passed. Having said all this, I will continue to support IV as I think these efforts will eventually pay off.
learning01, I laud your efforts. However, I am not sure what incentive any employer has to really help with this cause. Sure worth trying though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by learning01
Newt said Nothing is going to happen on this Specter or any other immigration bills in Senate. The conference with House will not agree to anything.
I also sincerely believe that Nothing is going to happen I say, these senators are doing CYAs; they will bitch it to media, their constituents, hey look, we did attempt these immigration reforms.
I am talking from my long experience and wisdom and take it from me. The only force that can improve the pitiable conditions of Indian and Chinese due to retrogression and lack of visa numbers is the big corporate employers . Each one whose LC is approved, whose I-140 is approved, who is waiting to file for adjustment of status AND who are indispensable to the employer / work at this stage should write to the HR/ Immigration/ Attorney.
I am in such a position. I am a technical lead in my IT department. PD Nov 2001. I write about these issues and the difficulties once in a month my team manager, or project manager or Immigration department.
pilid
View Public Profile
Send a private message to pilid
Send email to pilid
Find all posts by pilid
Add pilid to Your Buddy List
#14 Today, 09:18 PM
beppenyc
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 51
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tend to agree too that nothing will happen, too much talking, too much BS, but, I can only hope that the republicans know that they can loose the house control, so, maybe they will prefer to have something more conservative than nothing.
beppenyc
View Public Profile
Send a private message to beppenyc
Find all posts by beppenyc
Add beppenyc to Your Buddy List
#15 Today, 09:43 PM
ragz4u
Super Moderator Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 183
Looks like the committee has brokered a deal :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppenyc
I tend to agree too that nothing will happen, too much talking, too much BS, but, I can only hope that the republicans know that they can loose the house control, so, maybe they will prefer to have something more conservative than nothing.
Check out the following article from the OC register here http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1053340.php
If this is true, this seems to be good news for us. The McCain Kennedy bill is the most pro-immigrant of the bills and if thats what becomes the Comprehensive Immigration Bill, we all might end up happy!
WASHINGTON – The Senate Judiciary Committee today reached agreement on proposals for a new guest-worker program and a plan to allow the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants living in the United States to become permanent residents.
Less than 24 hours after most experts and Capitol Hill watchers believed the committee would be unable to get a bill to the Senate floor by Majority Leader Bill Frist's March 27 deadline, committee Chairman Arlen Specter had brokered deals between some key senators on the complex issue.
No formal votes were taken and committee staffs were preparing to spend the next 10 days drafting language that would put in place the compromises reached. It appeared that at least a dozen of the 18 members on the panel would be prepared to back this deal. The committee plans to meet first thing in the morning on March 27. It is not yet known whether Frist will allow the panel to finish and send its bill to the Senate floor or if he still plans to bring up a more limited, possibly enforcement-only measure.
But even if nothing scuttles the compromise between now and when lawmakers get back from recess, and if the Senate passes a bill with these elements, there would remain a steep battle to get agreement from the House. The House passed an enforcement-based measure in December that doesn't include a guest-worker program or a plan for undocumented immigrants in the United States now.
Early this afternoon, Frist announced his intention to introduce a bill before next week’s recess that would deal with enforcement of immigration laws but will not include any of the controversial guest-worker or illegal immigrant provisions. Officials in Frist’s office say he is doing this to ensure that there is a bill ready on the floor if the committee fails to pass one. If Specter does get a bill out of committee, said Frist press secretary Amy Call, that could be substituted for the majority leader’s measure.
The most likely scenario, said ardent supporters of immigration reform who were pleasantly stunned by today's events, is that this will end in a stalemate, only to be brought up again in the next Congress. But they say it's important that the Senate go on record as supporting comprehensive change.
For the first time, Specter, R-Pa., who said he spent hours on the phone last night with Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., agreed to Kennedy's plan to deal with the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants. Specter would have allowed these people to work indefinitely but not get green cards. Kennedy wanted to give them a path to legalization.
Specter agreed this morning with Kennedy's approach, provided that these illegal immigrants would not be able to start legalization proceedings until the backlog of 3 million people now waiting in countries around the world for their chance to come to the United States legally get their green cards.
The deal reached on a new guest-worker plan says that 400,000 new guest workers would be allowed into the country each year. Under the proposal authored by Kennedy and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., that number would have been unlimited. But Kennedy, a senior member of the Judiciary Committee, agreed to a cap and also agreed that after working for two years, these new guest workers would have to go back to their home countries and reapply for another stint as guest workers, one that could last up to six years. But first they'd have to stay in their home countries for one year.
Built into this compromise, however, is a chance for these workers to get a waiver and not go home based on how long they have been employed here or if they are considered essential to a U.S. employer's business.
The plan also allows guest workers to apply for permanent U.S. residency, something not included in either Specter's bill or the other major proposal under consideration, the bill by Sens. John Cornyn, R-Texas and Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.
Kennedy essentially compromised with Cornyn, who chairs the immigration subcommittee. The deal takes parts of each of their proposals.
Not all members of the committee agreed with these compromises.
Kyl said he still believed the illegal immigrants would get preference over those waiting legally in line overseas because the undocumented would be able to stay in the U.S. and work until their turn at a green card came. Those waiting to come here legally don't have that option, he said.
And several committee members most opposed to a guest-worker program – most notably Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., were not at this morning's session.
__________________________________________________ _______________
2011 American Idol Season 10,

chintu25
09-25 11:09 AM
Excellent stuff.....
more...

johnggberg
08-03 04:12 PM
based on what happed with july fisco, and 60000 visa getting allocated in june, you must be real close
send the documents promptly
send the documents promptly
GC9180
06-19 05:29 PM
Most medical centres/DRs are ripping off $$ on medical examination.
How to avoid/escape most of the cost..I just paid $200
First know about medical examination, as to whats done..
At any medical centre the basic cost should be around $185 - $200 (based on in/out of edison area)
- $185 Dr. Gita Dalal, U.S. Healthworks. 16 Ethel Road, Edison, NJ 08817 - (732) 248-0088
- $200 Dr. David Rizzo, Union Family Medicine. 2300 Vauxhall Road, Union, NJ 07093 - (908) 688-4424 **WALK-IN 9-6pm***
Basic should include
1) blood work to test HIV & ppr(forgot name)
Note #1) this blood work does not check for MMR, Vericella, Tetanus
Note #2) No blood can check if one needs vaccination for Tetanus. Only MMR (measles - mums - rebella) and Vericella can be checked thru blood work, if a person needs it or not. Again i repeat the blood work done for medical test does not check for MMR or Vericella
Note #3) Vericella is nothing but chickenpox vaccine. Do not get confused
Note #4) Good medical centres (who do not rip off, like the two clinics i noted) just ask for proof (vaccination record) for the above three vaccines.
Note #5) Some say vericella not need bcoz of age like 35+, but immigration needs it
2) Skin test (PPD) for TB. Once given revisit after 48-72 hrs. If result is +ve, do X-ray which is additional $50
3) Paper work in sealed envelope.
Note #1) ask for a copy and check if everything is checked, signed etc..., also fax/scan to lawyer so that he can check to if everything is correct. If any errors get it corrected from the medical center.
I felt these centers are ripping off
# Dr. Magdy Shenouda, Wellness Center
1706 Corlies Avenue, Second Floor, Neptune, NJ 07753 (732) 775-4138
$340.00 basic
# Dr. Seymour Wexler 999 Raritan Road, Clark, NJ 07066 (732) 381-3740
$325.00 basic
# Dr. Joseph Arno, Williamsburg Commons 10 Auer Court, East Brunswick, NJ 08816 (732) 390-8888
390.00 includ vac (forced to take vaccine)
also 1080 stelton road, edison,nj
HOW TO AVOID VACCINATION COST?
It depends on your insurance plan
I got Horizon BCBS of NJ - HMO. according to plan i can get vaccination from primary care physician - no charges. The process is Dr does blood work to check if one is immune to MMR and vericella. eg. if blood work says the person is immune to MMR not Vericella, then the Dr gives vaccine for vericella and not MMR. The note from Dr would say MMR not need and vericella was given. Regd Tetanus, Dr gave me the shot as i did not have record to prove it was given earlier ...nor blood work can prove if one needs it or not.
Blood work takes 2-3 days.
Note: you need not have vaccination record at time of medical examination. I told the above two mentioned clinics that i will bring it (vacition record/report) later from Dr...they agreed. Remember till you show them they are not going to give you your report.
I felt $185-$200 reasonable around edison,NJ bcoz thats the lowest rate i got for basic(blood work,skin/TB test,report) without vaccination + they agreed if you have vaccination record that would be sufficient.
So if you have plan which covers vaccination + a clinic which takes your vaccination proof/record...then your cost is just $200 ONLY or max $250 (if need XRAY for TB)
Hope the above helps...
regards
NOTE: correct me if i got anything WRONG...thanks
How to avoid/escape most of the cost..I just paid $200
First know about medical examination, as to whats done..
At any medical centre the basic cost should be around $185 - $200 (based on in/out of edison area)
- $185 Dr. Gita Dalal, U.S. Healthworks. 16 Ethel Road, Edison, NJ 08817 - (732) 248-0088
- $200 Dr. David Rizzo, Union Family Medicine. 2300 Vauxhall Road, Union, NJ 07093 - (908) 688-4424 **WALK-IN 9-6pm***
Basic should include
1) blood work to test HIV & ppr(forgot name)
Note #1) this blood work does not check for MMR, Vericella, Tetanus
Note #2) No blood can check if one needs vaccination for Tetanus. Only MMR (measles - mums - rebella) and Vericella can be checked thru blood work, if a person needs it or not. Again i repeat the blood work done for medical test does not check for MMR or Vericella
Note #3) Vericella is nothing but chickenpox vaccine. Do not get confused
Note #4) Good medical centres (who do not rip off, like the two clinics i noted) just ask for proof (vaccination record) for the above three vaccines.
Note #5) Some say vericella not need bcoz of age like 35+, but immigration needs it
2) Skin test (PPD) for TB. Once given revisit after 48-72 hrs. If result is +ve, do X-ray which is additional $50
3) Paper work in sealed envelope.
Note #1) ask for a copy and check if everything is checked, signed etc..., also fax/scan to lawyer so that he can check to if everything is correct. If any errors get it corrected from the medical center.
I felt these centers are ripping off
# Dr. Magdy Shenouda, Wellness Center
1706 Corlies Avenue, Second Floor, Neptune, NJ 07753 (732) 775-4138
$340.00 basic
# Dr. Seymour Wexler 999 Raritan Road, Clark, NJ 07066 (732) 381-3740
$325.00 basic
# Dr. Joseph Arno, Williamsburg Commons 10 Auer Court, East Brunswick, NJ 08816 (732) 390-8888
390.00 includ vac (forced to take vaccine)
also 1080 stelton road, edison,nj
HOW TO AVOID VACCINATION COST?
It depends on your insurance plan
I got Horizon BCBS of NJ - HMO. according to plan i can get vaccination from primary care physician - no charges. The process is Dr does blood work to check if one is immune to MMR and vericella. eg. if blood work says the person is immune to MMR not Vericella, then the Dr gives vaccine for vericella and not MMR. The note from Dr would say MMR not need and vericella was given. Regd Tetanus, Dr gave me the shot as i did not have record to prove it was given earlier ...nor blood work can prove if one needs it or not.
Blood work takes 2-3 days.
Note: you need not have vaccination record at time of medical examination. I told the above two mentioned clinics that i will bring it (vacition record/report) later from Dr...they agreed. Remember till you show them they are not going to give you your report.
I felt $185-$200 reasonable around edison,NJ bcoz thats the lowest rate i got for basic(blood work,skin/TB test,report) without vaccination + they agreed if you have vaccination record that would be sufficient.
So if you have plan which covers vaccination + a clinic which takes your vaccination proof/record...then your cost is just $200 ONLY or max $250 (if need XRAY for TB)
Hope the above helps...
regards
NOTE: correct me if i got anything WRONG...thanks
more...
nraja
03-09 04:26 PM
My 2 cents.
If you employer accepts or lawyer accepts the porting the date then your friend can apply the EB2 priority date to EB3 date.
Means he/she can get EB2 with 2002. As per my knowledge it is possible. But please dont ask me the document. Check with google or some website for document.
Thanks.
If you employer accepts or lawyer accepts the porting the date then your friend can apply the EB2 priority date to EB3 date.
Means he/she can get EB2 with 2002. As per my knowledge it is possible. But please dont ask me the document. Check with google or some website for document.
Thanks.
2010 The American Idol season 10
eb3retro
06-09 08:37 AM
Hi all,
I have come to texas on a B1 to the client location. I stayed with my colleague who has a apartment here. When we left to office ( my first day ) .I made a mistake leaving my passport and others in apartment. .
I have applied and got a new passport .
I have applied for I-94 by filing I-102 . The processing dates are very slow for this . I only have a reciept of this and nothing.
I am leaving 3july next month...what need to be done....i dont even have a VISA.
And what needs to be done for B1 VISA.
I emailed the chennai US embassy but couldnt get any reply............
PLEAASE...HELP:(:confused:
is this in dallas or houston?
I have come to texas on a B1 to the client location. I stayed with my colleague who has a apartment here. When we left to office ( my first day ) .I made a mistake leaving my passport and others in apartment. .
I have applied and got a new passport .
I have applied for I-94 by filing I-102 . The processing dates are very slow for this . I only have a reciept of this and nothing.
I am leaving 3july next month...what need to be done....i dont even have a VISA.
And what needs to be done for B1 VISA.
I emailed the chennai US embassy but couldnt get any reply............
PLEAASE...HELP:(:confused:
is this in dallas or houston?
more...
obelix
08-21 07:24 PM
I am in a similar boat [not sure about the reason though, no reasons were given]. My lawyer is going to re-file with premium processing citing an old receipt date of June 27th, 2007. Any updates from your side?
My i-140 premium processing application was filed on the 22nd of June,2007 as indicated in the information below. The package & check were returned in the first week of July. A letter indicating the reason for remittance and return was that the labor cert. attached was a photocopy and not the original.
Now what does not make sense here is that the original labor was sent along with the original i140 application filed last year(in june 2006).
I called the USCIS info line and the rep. suggested that i could resend it with an explanation.
What concerns me is if i do resend it, would it be considered only after suspension of i140 premium is lifted or would it be considered as a case from last month and processed under premium.
My i-140 premium processing application was filed on the 22nd of June,2007 as indicated in the information below. The package & check were returned in the first week of July. A letter indicating the reason for remittance and return was that the labor cert. attached was a photocopy and not the original.
Now what does not make sense here is that the original labor was sent along with the original i140 application filed last year(in june 2006).
I called the USCIS info line and the rep. suggested that i could resend it with an explanation.
What concerns me is if i do resend it, would it be considered only after suspension of i140 premium is lifted or would it be considered as a case from last month and processed under premium.
hair of American Idol Season 10
statuslaw
01-22 06:03 PM
Thanks, singhv_1980!
My job is related to research in chemical engineering. Do you mean my name check or security check was already done? How long to wait for PIMS verifications?
There is a possibility that you are also stuck in PIMS verifications. There is a whole bunch of threads going on with the topic. I believe security checks are done if your job profile is sensitive (like semi conductors, nuclear ).
Good Luck!
My job is related to research in chemical engineering. Do you mean my name check or security check was already done? How long to wait for PIMS verifications?
There is a possibility that you are also stuck in PIMS verifications. There is a whole bunch of threads going on with the topic. I believe security checks are done if your job profile is sensitive (like semi conductors, nuclear ).
Good Luck!
more...
pappu
01-15 11:00 PM
Any body else from Alabama? Please sign up here if you are from alabama. Lets start our state chapter activities. I am willing to take the lead to start the activities. So all you alabama residents please sign up.
Thanks Harsh.
Thanks Harsh.
hot of American Idol Season 10
vedicman
01-27 11:04 AM
Does anyone have a link to this bill/article? I don't see anything on the news yet.
According to Thomas.gov, the text of the bill is unavailable.
However, it has been read twice and referred to the Senate Judiciary committee.
Could this bill be the framework Reid was working on in 2010?
According to Thomas.gov, the text of the bill is unavailable.
However, it has been read twice and referred to the Senate Judiciary committee.
Could this bill be the framework Reid was working on in 2010?
more...
house american idol season 10 top 7.
prom2
11-05 12:32 PM
Finally I got mail from USCIS on 11/04 saying my AP is approved. But the message says it is approved on 10/17. I didn't know why they took so many days to update the status? Is it normal?
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On October 17, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
Mine was the same, I receive email on 11/04 and notice sent on 10/17.
Good luck.
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On October 17, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
Mine was the same, I receive email on 11/04 and notice sent on 10/17.
Good luck.
tattoo 2011 American Idol Season 10
curiosity_76
12-29 04:26 PM
Let's do something together, and let the government aware of our problem.
Let's get more and more people in and make our voice heard!
Let's get more and more people in and make our voice heard!
more...
pictures American Idol Season 10

obviously
07-30 12:14 AM
We should get a group of folks asking for reinstatement of I-140 premium processing. This SINGLE administrative move will enable high skilled workers on many counts. Legal interfiling cases can be expedited, and non interfilers can be one step closer to getting their I-485's with EAD cards should there be future retrogression.
Also, the reality of revenue gained from premium processing cannot be ignored. Ok, dont keep it at 15 days, make is 30 or even 45 days. But dont take it away in its entirety.
I would sincerely request even EB2's that have current dates to join in requesting I-140 premium processing. This should not negatively intersect with any of your interests.
Also, the reality of revenue gained from premium processing cannot be ignored. Ok, dont keep it at 15 days, make is 30 or even 45 days. But dont take it away in its entirety.
I would sincerely request even EB2's that have current dates to join in requesting I-140 premium processing. This should not negatively intersect with any of your interests.
dresses American Idol Season 10

reverendflash
10-21 01:53 AM
they weren't my designs... I made their designs work... :P :P
I'm still learning on the digital design front. All of my composition training comes from photography... :P
Rev:elderly:
I'm still learning on the digital design front. All of my composition training comes from photography... :P
Rev:elderly:
more...
makeup Three American Idol
martinvisalaw
03-22 07:17 PM
(1) File a MTR? should I file this myself or work with my law firm on this? What is the effort involved in filing the MTR as I understand from the denial letter that I have until Apr 14th to file the MTR?
(2)Is there any other means to communicate with TSC that my RFE response was received at TSC within the 33 day time limit and hence there is no basis for this denial?
(3) Re-file a new 140 petition?
Definitely file an MTR/appeal if you are 100% certain that the RFE response was received by TSC before the deadline. CIS should reopen the case if it was their mistake. Immigration regulations specifically allow for this procedure. There is no other way to ask TSC to reconsider - they will require an MTR.
If it was their mistake, in theory you should not need to pay the filing fees for an MTR. However, the attorney needs to make it very clear on the filing that the case should not be rejected for lack of filing fees. The contract workers who open the mail might reject the case if they don't see a check. It might be safer to include a check if you are close to the filing deadline.
(2)Is there any other means to communicate with TSC that my RFE response was received at TSC within the 33 day time limit and hence there is no basis for this denial?
(3) Re-file a new 140 petition?
Definitely file an MTR/appeal if you are 100% certain that the RFE response was received by TSC before the deadline. CIS should reopen the case if it was their mistake. Immigration regulations specifically allow for this procedure. There is no other way to ask TSC to reconsider - they will require an MTR.
If it was their mistake, in theory you should not need to pay the filing fees for an MTR. However, the attorney needs to make it very clear on the filing that the case should not be rejected for lack of filing fees. The contract workers who open the mail might reject the case if they don't see a check. It might be safer to include a check if you are close to the filing deadline.
girlfriend American Idol Top 10
somegchuh
10-26 02:56 PM
arnet,
So they took the original I 797 after the itnerview and mailed it back with the passport?
Mihrid,
they should have returned your wife's I797. If she's still in India she can call VFS and follow up to get it. It is important that she gets back the original 797. Sometimes they ask for it at the airport when you land. My wife was asked for it once.
I am asking my wife to call both embassy and VFS to get I797 back. Here's the contact info I have been able to find
Have a question about your NIV application? Contact the NIV unit by the following methods:
Phone: (011-91-11) 2419-8310 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
E-mail: nivnd@state.gov
Fax: (011-91-11) 2419-8407
Want to contact VFS? Please use the following methods:
VFS Helpline (Excluding Punjab): 011-4222-0000
VFS Helpline (Punjab): 0181-504-1444
E-mail: infodelhi@vfs-usa.co.in
VFS’ agents respond to phone calls from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on Indian holidays observed by U.S. missions. E-mailed inquiries are responded to Monday through Friday, within two working days.
If you are calling from outside India, please call VFS at 011-91-44-4231-6767.
our experience:
they will mail back those.
my wife went to delhi consulate in sep 06 (i didnt go), and they took all reqd docs including our I-797s original, and when they sent stamped passport through courier, they returned all documents with passport including I-797s.
I dont think they took any document except fees receipt, ds-156/157, it was suprising to us not even the xerox copies of reqd docs like w-2's,marriage ceritificate, etc. i think, might be, they just want to verify and once they did that, they are returning it.
it took 3 days after interview date to get the stamped passport and documents through courier.
If any delay or problem in getting those documents/passport after 3-4days, contact VFS at delhi. I think you can track through SMS too.
So they took the original I 797 after the itnerview and mailed it back with the passport?
Mihrid,
they should have returned your wife's I797. If she's still in India she can call VFS and follow up to get it. It is important that she gets back the original 797. Sometimes they ask for it at the airport when you land. My wife was asked for it once.
I am asking my wife to call both embassy and VFS to get I797 back. Here's the contact info I have been able to find
Have a question about your NIV application? Contact the NIV unit by the following methods:
Phone: (011-91-11) 2419-8310 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
E-mail: nivnd@state.gov
Fax: (011-91-11) 2419-8407
Want to contact VFS? Please use the following methods:
VFS Helpline (Excluding Punjab): 011-4222-0000
VFS Helpline (Punjab): 0181-504-1444
E-mail: infodelhi@vfs-usa.co.in
VFS’ agents respond to phone calls from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on Indian holidays observed by U.S. missions. E-mailed inquiries are responded to Monday through Friday, within two working days.
If you are calling from outside India, please call VFS at 011-91-44-4231-6767.
our experience:
they will mail back those.
my wife went to delhi consulate in sep 06 (i didnt go), and they took all reqd docs including our I-797s original, and when they sent stamped passport through courier, they returned all documents with passport including I-797s.
I dont think they took any document except fees receipt, ds-156/157, it was suprising to us not even the xerox copies of reqd docs like w-2's,marriage ceritificate, etc. i think, might be, they just want to verify and once they did that, they are returning it.
it took 3 days after interview date to get the stamped passport and documents through courier.
If any delay or problem in getting those documents/passport after 3-4days, contact VFS at delhi. I think you can track through SMS too.
hairstyles quot;American Idolquot; Season 10
sky7
07-26 10:09 AM
Dear all...
I need some advice here...
Here is my current status:
**LC filed: Sept 2002, EB2, RIR
**I140 EB2 is currently pending, Non-Concurrent (filed June 2006)
** On 7th yr H1B ext - expires March 2007
My questions are:
1) I am considering quiting the current employer and work for a new company. Can i still get H1B extension if the new company files a PERM immediately?
I actually asked the my lawyer the similar question, this was her response:
"There is a CIS memo that allows 7th year extensions even after LC is approved. The problem would be if your company revokes the LC after you leave the company. If they don't revoke you can use the LC and get a 7th year with the company, file your own LC thru the new company. If they revoke, and they may given the fact that they are paying for it, you could then be in trouble. The regs and memos do not cover this situation. My interpretation would be TROUBLE upon revocation"
Can I get a second/or more opinions on this?
2) When someone leaves a company in good terms, the employer doesn't normally go through the hassale to "revoke" his/her labor cert right? (good or bad assumption?). If they don't revoke my LC and I140, then the new company can transfer my H1B over and get an extension?
3)And I assume IF my I140 gets denied (or declassified to be EB3), i am still ok as long the new company has filed a PERM for me, correct?
4) Or would it be SAFER to wait for couple of months (assuming the Nebraska Center is fast!) to get my I140 approved. Then transfer my LC, I140, and H1B to the next company...and have them continue my GC process? And i read somewhere that I can keep my PD that way?
I need to know the possible risks b4 accepting another job offer. all helps are appreciated... :)
Thanks in advance for ur help
Sky
I need some advice here...
Here is my current status:
**LC filed: Sept 2002, EB2, RIR
**I140 EB2 is currently pending, Non-Concurrent (filed June 2006)
** On 7th yr H1B ext - expires March 2007
My questions are:
1) I am considering quiting the current employer and work for a new company. Can i still get H1B extension if the new company files a PERM immediately?
I actually asked the my lawyer the similar question, this was her response:
"There is a CIS memo that allows 7th year extensions even after LC is approved. The problem would be if your company revokes the LC after you leave the company. If they don't revoke you can use the LC and get a 7th year with the company, file your own LC thru the new company. If they revoke, and they may given the fact that they are paying for it, you could then be in trouble. The regs and memos do not cover this situation. My interpretation would be TROUBLE upon revocation"
Can I get a second/or more opinions on this?
2) When someone leaves a company in good terms, the employer doesn't normally go through the hassale to "revoke" his/her labor cert right? (good or bad assumption?). If they don't revoke my LC and I140, then the new company can transfer my H1B over and get an extension?
3)And I assume IF my I140 gets denied (or declassified to be EB3), i am still ok as long the new company has filed a PERM for me, correct?
4) Or would it be SAFER to wait for couple of months (assuming the Nebraska Center is fast!) to get my I140 approved. Then transfer my LC, I140, and H1B to the next company...and have them continue my GC process? And i read somewhere that I can keep my PD that way?
I need to know the possible risks b4 accepting another job offer. all helps are appreciated... :)
Thanks in advance for ur help
Sky
kevinkris
07-29 10:34 PM
Hi All,
We are planning to goto canada for our H1 visa extension (actually i changed my job to new employer also). My H1 visa expires on Sept 31st 2007.
We are planning to go in August 2007 itself.
Lets say if our h1 extension is rejected or some issue what will be our status?
Can we come back to US and plan for our india travel or we have to leave to india from there itself?
I heard that mexico has different rules?
Thanks for your help.
We are planning to goto canada for our H1 visa extension (actually i changed my job to new employer also). My H1 visa expires on Sept 31st 2007.
We are planning to go in August 2007 itself.
Lets say if our h1 extension is rejected or some issue what will be our status?
Can we come back to US and plan for our india travel or we have to leave to india from there itself?
I heard that mexico has different rules?
Thanks for your help.
jonty_11
09-25 12:01 PM
Good find - shows the plight of legal immigrants.
A bit of nitpicking - actually the chart is underestimating the time for EmploymentBased / skilled immigrants wait - says 11-16 years to get citizenship sort of suggesting 16 years is the worst case scenario to get citizenship. Its a bit underestimate especially for people coming from India/China. I have seen many people (including me) on these forums who entered US "legally" ten years ago and still waiting for GC with no idea when they would finally get it. Some of them might finally get citizenship 20 years after entering the country "legally".
On the whole it shows the reality of legal immigration and its waiting times.
Interesting one..but folks in washington will continue taking us for granted....unless we show them serious intent...
Hell, ALl they care abt is big corporations...even ahead of their own citizens...Wall St over Main St...
Bailout plan to be approved soon.......We areno where in the picture....even lawmakers know the realiy of this article...but its all about "show me the money"
A bit of nitpicking - actually the chart is underestimating the time for EmploymentBased / skilled immigrants wait - says 11-16 years to get citizenship sort of suggesting 16 years is the worst case scenario to get citizenship. Its a bit underestimate especially for people coming from India/China. I have seen many people (including me) on these forums who entered US "legally" ten years ago and still waiting for GC with no idea when they would finally get it. Some of them might finally get citizenship 20 years after entering the country "legally".
On the whole it shows the reality of legal immigration and its waiting times.
Interesting one..but folks in washington will continue taking us for granted....unless we show them serious intent...
Hell, ALl they care abt is big corporations...even ahead of their own citizens...Wall St over Main St...
Bailout plan to be approved soon.......We areno where in the picture....even lawmakers know the realiy of this article...but its all about "show me the money"

No comments:
Post a Comment