Brightsider
11-16 03:31 PM
Guys,
Am trying to find out the relevant parts of HR 2892 that extends that benefit to EB cases.
Havent been able to find it?
Apart from Shusterman's commentary, I havent seen anything about the extension of benefits of the 'widow's penalty' to EB cases.
Maybe I am not looking at the right doc.
But those of you who have been able to see it in the statute/law, could you please point it out .....by sending the url, or noting the section/article of the law or any other way.
Many thanks
Am trying to find out the relevant parts of HR 2892 that extends that benefit to EB cases.
Havent been able to find it?
Apart from Shusterman's commentary, I havent seen anything about the extension of benefits of the 'widow's penalty' to EB cases.
Maybe I am not looking at the right doc.
But those of you who have been able to see it in the statute/law, could you please point it out .....by sending the url, or noting the section/article of the law or any other way.
Many thanks
wallpaper common loon winter. Common Loon; Common Loon. WeldonSprings. 10-28 10:40 AM
va_12_2004
07-20 07:59 AM
And ask many Indians,Chinese etc about their namecheck experience :-)
But this won't be easy "Do you want us to compromise on national security", will be the first question asked . They will acknowledge the applicants pain and won't budge . "We know thousands like you are getting screwed for many years, but national security is foremost'.
I really hope they rely on electronic documents and don't push paper from one office to another.
I do not believe that keeping a really bad guy under ead for years is helping the national security any way. It is totally ridiculus when they talk about national security for anything. I believe that, they randomly pick some cases to create intentional delay, and tell their bosses, and who in turn tells American people that they are doing a job.
Screaming baby always get more milk, and if we scream it would be legitimate, and we have to scream being united. PLease keep this thread going and create awareness among newbies(to uscis). This is inevitable that most of us will get into this mess.
There will be 2 more backlog centers:
1) USCIS
2) FBI
Unfortunately most of us will rot in both, unless we take action. It might sound funny now, but it is inevitable.
But this won't be easy "Do you want us to compromise on national security", will be the first question asked . They will acknowledge the applicants pain and won't budge . "We know thousands like you are getting screwed for many years, but national security is foremost'.
I really hope they rely on electronic documents and don't push paper from one office to another.
I do not believe that keeping a really bad guy under ead for years is helping the national security any way. It is totally ridiculus when they talk about national security for anything. I believe that, they randomly pick some cases to create intentional delay, and tell their bosses, and who in turn tells American people that they are doing a job.
Screaming baby always get more milk, and if we scream it would be legitimate, and we have to scream being united. PLease keep this thread going and create awareness among newbies(to uscis). This is inevitable that most of us will get into this mess.
There will be 2 more backlog centers:
1) USCIS
2) FBI
Unfortunately most of us will rot in both, unless we take action. It might sound funny now, but it is inevitable.
gcwait2007
12-29 11:23 PM
Received the 'Your application has been approved....' email from CRIS too on 12/02!!
This is getting me really tensed :-(
Hi,
What is this email from CRIS, you are mentioning?
You may be getting your AP?? or GC itself now? Let us hope for the best.
Regards
This is getting me really tensed :-(
Hi,
What is this email from CRIS, you are mentioning?
You may be getting your AP?? or GC itself now? Let us hope for the best.
Regards
2011 makeup The Common Loon,

kish006
11-06 11:47 AM
Anyone who filed in July still waiting for a receipt / rejection notice?
I filed on July 2nd - haven't heard anything yet.
Hi,
did u gout ur receipt notice. I am still wating on my receipt. I called USCIS yesterday still not there in the system.
Please let me know if u got ur receipt number.
any one else who are wating on receipt number who filed I-485 on july 2nd.
I filed on July 2nd - haven't heard anything yet.
Hi,
did u gout ur receipt notice. I am still wating on my receipt. I called USCIS yesterday still not there in the system.
Please let me know if u got ur receipt number.
any one else who are wating on receipt number who filed I-485 on july 2nd.
more...
chandrajp
08-15 03:26 PM
I sent back a new I-693 form along with TB testresult (thru USPS). USCIS received the document on 08/14.
Today (08/15), I got a mail with contents
"Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case
processing has resumed"
Do you have any idea, how long it will take to approve the 485 after they receive the RFE documents.
Do they still continue to approve the cases after Aug 17th?
I got an RFE for the latest employment letter. After I sent the required documents, in about 8 days I got approved. I'm hoping yours should be close
Today (08/15), I got a mail with contents
"Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case
processing has resumed"
Do you have any idea, how long it will take to approve the 485 after they receive the RFE documents.
Do they still continue to approve the cases after Aug 17th?
I got an RFE for the latest employment letter. After I sent the required documents, in about 8 days I got approved. I'm hoping yours should be close
visa_reval
12-12 11:34 AM
This is a good doc to help you get started in correcting your I-94.
more...

unitednations
02-22 02:12 PM
To all Experts/Gurus, please advice on this issue.
I hold a H-1B status as well as I-485 Adjustment of Status Pending.
I am the primary applicant in this Eb-2 petition PD July 2006. I am with the same employer for the past four years and they are the sponsor of the green card petition as well.
I have got admit to PhD in EECS at MIT (Top program in US) and would like to pursue that option.
1. Can i continue full time PhD on my I-485 pending visa status? The PhD will be a natural progression of my current research job with my employer.
2. Do i need to change to a F-1 Visa? From what i understand, I think one cannot change from I-485 to F-1.
3. From what i understand, i can keep my I-485 pending status while doing full time study provided i have an offer from my current employer/other employer willing to hire me upon approval of the I-485. Is this correct?
4. Regarding the procedure to do this, do i need to get an offer in writing from my current employer/future employer before i start the full time study? Or do i need to get this written offer from the employer if and when i receive an RFE from USCIS?
5. Do i need to proactively invoke AC21 for doing this and let USCIS know?
6. How long do i need to stay with the employer once my I-485 is approved? I hear 6 months as a good period.
7. If the I-485 gets approved in the middle of a semester, how soon do i need to start working for the employer?
8. Any other creative ideas to sail through this like keep engagement with current employer say by consulting few hours a week etc.?
9. Do i have any realistic chance of I-485 approval before September 2009? From the recent infopass, i was told that name check, FP check, background check are done but my FP have expired. I was told that i will receive a FP notice but i don't know when.
These might have already been discussed in previous threads, but i would appreciate response from experts/gurus.
Thanks.
You can't change from 485 status to F-1 within the country. You can only change from non immigrant to another non immigrant visa within the country.
If you wanted to get on F-1; you would have to go for visa stamping and re-enter on F-1. However, consulate probably wouldn't give you F-1 since you have shown immigrant intent. Even if they somehow gave it to you; then uscis would deny your 485 eventually by entering on F-1 visa.
You can go full time to school while 485 is pending. You just have to be able to demonstrate that you have a permanent full time job waiting for you upon greencard approval (ie., AC21).
There was a legal case from a long time ago; where a person was getting sponsored for a particular position and he went to school full time for a totally irrelevant occupation to what he was getting sponsored for (he went to school to be a dentist). USCIS denied his case saying that they didn't believe his intent to go into the job since he was being trained/educated in a totally different field.
Long story short; was that it went to court and the candidate won...
If you want to put up with the inevitable hassles from uscis that you may get over doing this then go ahead. At the end you should prevail but USCIS likes for you to go through a bumpy road
I hold a H-1B status as well as I-485 Adjustment of Status Pending.
I am the primary applicant in this Eb-2 petition PD July 2006. I am with the same employer for the past four years and they are the sponsor of the green card petition as well.
I have got admit to PhD in EECS at MIT (Top program in US) and would like to pursue that option.
1. Can i continue full time PhD on my I-485 pending visa status? The PhD will be a natural progression of my current research job with my employer.
2. Do i need to change to a F-1 Visa? From what i understand, I think one cannot change from I-485 to F-1.
3. From what i understand, i can keep my I-485 pending status while doing full time study provided i have an offer from my current employer/other employer willing to hire me upon approval of the I-485. Is this correct?
4. Regarding the procedure to do this, do i need to get an offer in writing from my current employer/future employer before i start the full time study? Or do i need to get this written offer from the employer if and when i receive an RFE from USCIS?
5. Do i need to proactively invoke AC21 for doing this and let USCIS know?
6. How long do i need to stay with the employer once my I-485 is approved? I hear 6 months as a good period.
7. If the I-485 gets approved in the middle of a semester, how soon do i need to start working for the employer?
8. Any other creative ideas to sail through this like keep engagement with current employer say by consulting few hours a week etc.?
9. Do i have any realistic chance of I-485 approval before September 2009? From the recent infopass, i was told that name check, FP check, background check are done but my FP have expired. I was told that i will receive a FP notice but i don't know when.
These might have already been discussed in previous threads, but i would appreciate response from experts/gurus.
Thanks.
You can't change from 485 status to F-1 within the country. You can only change from non immigrant to another non immigrant visa within the country.
If you wanted to get on F-1; you would have to go for visa stamping and re-enter on F-1. However, consulate probably wouldn't give you F-1 since you have shown immigrant intent. Even if they somehow gave it to you; then uscis would deny your 485 eventually by entering on F-1 visa.
You can go full time to school while 485 is pending. You just have to be able to demonstrate that you have a permanent full time job waiting for you upon greencard approval (ie., AC21).
There was a legal case from a long time ago; where a person was getting sponsored for a particular position and he went to school full time for a totally irrelevant occupation to what he was getting sponsored for (he went to school to be a dentist). USCIS denied his case saying that they didn't believe his intent to go into the job since he was being trained/educated in a totally different field.
Long story short; was that it went to court and the candidate won...
If you want to put up with the inevitable hassles from uscis that you may get over doing this then go ahead. At the end you should prevail but USCIS likes for you to go through a bumpy road
2010 common loon winter,
Berkeleybee
03-27 01:38 PM
nsnriv,
The idea of the IV forums is to discuss our agenda, and activities.
Individual cases and problems are best discussed on forums like Immigration Portal. You are sure to find help and advice there.
Good luck,
Berkeleybee
The idea of the IV forums is to discuss our agenda, and activities.
Individual cases and problems are best discussed on forums like Immigration Portal. You are sure to find help and advice there.
Good luck,
Berkeleybee
more...
Dhundhun
11-21 05:27 PM
While I was travelling from India to USA, I was waiting at one of the airports in USA for my connection. An airlines staff asked for my passport and by mistake pulled away my
I-94 from from it.
The I-94 returns are automated. You may be out of US in records. Another reason to contact USCIS.
I-94 from from it.
The I-94 returns are automated. You may be out of US in records. Another reason to contact USCIS.
hair customizable common loon
rajenk
02-07 08:57 PM
Hi Guys,
Isn't EAD application I-765? What is I-131? Excuse my poor knowledge on the USCIS forms
Isn't EAD application I-765? What is I-131? Excuse my poor knowledge on the USCIS forms
more...
dpp
06-28 03:18 PM
As far as I know We need only Employment offer letter. And the Designation should match your PERM Labor Certificate.
Sample Format:
DATE
USCIS
Nebraska Service Center
850 S. Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Re: Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
Petitioner: XXXXXXXXX
Beneficiary: XXXXXXXXX
Dear Sir/Madam:
This is to certify that we had submitted petition for Alien Employment Certification on behalf of XXXXXXX. We are very much interested in continuing his employment with us in the capacity of XXXXXX(according to labor approval). His salary for the said employment will be $XXXXX (according to Labor approval)per year.
He will be managing XXXXXXXXXXXXX(according to Labor approval)
It should be noted that this is a full time and permanent position. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Yours Sincerely,
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
Yes, employment offer letter should have PERM title for sure. Same thing i mentioned in earlier post as well.
but for Employment verification letter, may be not all attorneys asks for it. But most of them ask. And it should have your current H1B/L1 title, if they are asking for this letter.
Sample Format:
DATE
USCIS
Nebraska Service Center
850 S. Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Re: Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
Petitioner: XXXXXXXXX
Beneficiary: XXXXXXXXX
Dear Sir/Madam:
This is to certify that we had submitted petition for Alien Employment Certification on behalf of XXXXXXX. We are very much interested in continuing his employment with us in the capacity of XXXXXX(according to labor approval). His salary for the said employment will be $XXXXX (according to Labor approval)per year.
He will be managing XXXXXXXXXXXXX(according to Labor approval)
It should be noted that this is a full time and permanent position. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Yours Sincerely,
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
Yes, employment offer letter should have PERM title for sure. Same thing i mentioned in earlier post as well.
but for Employment verification letter, may be not all attorneys asks for it. But most of them ask. And it should have your current H1B/L1 title, if they are asking for this letter.
hot red-throated loon (Gavia

nortam1
09-15 02:04 PM
Can't see them. Already refreshed and deleted cookies.
Anyway, can anyone tell me what's the processing date for EAD I485 based at NSC?
Anyway, can anyone tell me what's the processing date for EAD I485 based at NSC?
more...
house Our Common Loon is making
rani77
10-09 09:29 AM
situation is quite different from CA. True, for first time driver's license, you have to show legal status proof. But, you are issued license for 4 years, irrespective of when your current status expires.
For DL renewal in CA, it happens by mail. You once again get 4 year license. No status proof required.
There is definitely no concept of different form of DL in CA where an officer will be able to receogize from the DL, whether is PR or not, as has become the law in Texas.
CA is quite cool with respect to DL renewals.
This was in past not now.
For DL renewal in CA, it happens by mail. You once again get 4 year license. No status proof required.
There is definitely no concept of different form of DL in CA where an officer will be able to receogize from the DL, whether is PR or not, as has become the law in Texas.
CA is quite cool with respect to DL renewals.
This was in past not now.
tattoo DOWNLOAD: Common Loon
krishna_brc
07-11 05:47 PM
Thanks a lot for your valuable input.
But I beleive all the input you mentioned, would be applicable for all kind of employer (Bigger or smaller) and get the RFE for ability to pay. I would like to know if you join the real small emplyer (about 35 employee) would it necessarly cause any other postential issue and/or must be a chance of getting the RFE as joining the such a small employer?
Please let me know.
Thanks for all your input in advance.
I believe as long as you are getting paid a salary which is greater or equal to what was mentioned in Labor/140 you should be fine.
There will not be question of Ability to Pay as you will getting paid at the time of RFE and size of the company doesn't matter.
But I beleive all the input you mentioned, would be applicable for all kind of employer (Bigger or smaller) and get the RFE for ability to pay. I would like to know if you join the real small emplyer (about 35 employee) would it necessarly cause any other postential issue and/or must be a chance of getting the RFE as joining the such a small employer?
Please let me know.
Thanks for all your input in advance.
I believe as long as you are getting paid a salary which is greater or equal to what was mentioned in Labor/140 you should be fine.
There will not be question of Ability to Pay as you will getting paid at the time of RFE and size of the company doesn't matter.
more...
pictures makeup about the common loon
Refugee_New
03-24 02:30 PM
Now everything is queued..... no more cutting lines.
Thanks for the news vinabath. You know what?
Indian cricket team won the world cup last night. They beat West Indies.
Congratulate Kapil, Srikanth, Ravi shastri, Gavaskar, Mohindar Amarnath and other team members.
Thanks for the news vinabath. You know what?
Indian cricket team won the world cup last night. They beat West Indies.
Congratulate Kapil, Srikanth, Ravi shastri, Gavaskar, Mohindar Amarnath and other team members.
dresses migration of common loons
ashkam
12-03 04:46 PM
You are welcome. Another important thing to look at (from the document) is that for the first 26 weeks of unemployment, benefits are disbursed through a fund paid for by unemployment taxes on companies, thereby not making it a public burden. After 26 weeks, however, extended unemployment benefits are paid by the federal government, which makes it a public burden, which would be detrimental to a person's green card prospects.
more...
makeup Common Loon. Better larger
.jpg)
yabadaba
06-25 06:40 AM
^^^^^
girlfriend Just got back from a trip to
xbohdpukc
01-09 02:11 PM
why are we assuming that the parents are illegals?? as far as I know, it has not been reported anywhere in the media that the parents were here illegally. if it has, please post relevant links.
as for being a legal resident, do the rules state that you need to be a legal resident for immigration benefits or tax benefits?
For IRS purposes, 180 days or more on a valid non immig. worker status and you are a legal resident.....
legal resident is incorrect term for tax purposes. IRS treats you as a resident for tax purposes. LEGAL/ILLEGAL terms are borrowed from the immigration law realm and I believe that it was the intent of the contest rules. I also agree with the point, that TRU were just following the rules and they should not have changed their stance on the matter.
as for being a legal resident, do the rules state that you need to be a legal resident for immigration benefits or tax benefits?
For IRS purposes, 180 days or more on a valid non immig. worker status and you are a legal resident.....
legal resident is incorrect term for tax purposes. IRS treats you as a resident for tax purposes. LEGAL/ILLEGAL terms are borrowed from the immigration law realm and I believe that it was the intent of the contest rules. I also agree with the point, that TRU were just following the rules and they should not have changed their stance on the matter.
hairstyles Loon (Paul, you know I had to
anu_t
05-13 04:53 PM
His position requires Masters Degree
The thing about EB2 is , "The job description needs to be specific." I have a experience that , lawyer gets scared when the job description is vague.
just "masters degree required" is sometimes not enough.
The thing about EB2 is , "The job description needs to be specific." I have a experience that , lawyer gets scared when the job description is vague.
just "masters degree required" is sometimes not enough.
softcrowd
04-23 09:35 AM
Yes, that means your I-140 is "filed" under EB2...But note that USCIS can always comeback & say it "can" or "can not" be approved under Eb2 based on the job description in Labor.
In rare scenarios, USCIS comes back with a "NO" to Eb2, especially if the JOB description in Labor does not suit an Eb2 requirement. But in 99% of the cases, its fine (because, attorneys normally don't file it under Eb2 if its not one).
All the best!!
In rare scenarios, USCIS comes back with a "NO" to Eb2, especially if the JOB description in Labor does not suit an Eb2 requirement. But in 99% of the cases, its fine (because, attorneys normally don't file it under Eb2 if its not one).
All the best!!
ImmiLosers
09-25 05:23 PM
I dont think EB3 is current for Nov 2004. Infact, it is unavailable for all countries of charge until Oct First. If you are Phillipines or rest of the world, you still need to wait until OCt First to file
PD is ported irrespective of the EB class
PD is ported irrespective of the EB class

No comments:
Post a Comment